Bytecoin liquidity

All CryptoNote related services and projects.

Bytecoin liquidity

Postby csmartel » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:43 am

There is a dire need for more liquidity in the BCN markets. HitBTC is the only exchange with any BTC-BCN volume whatsoever, and it does not appear to be a high-quality exchange: I have been unable to withdraw more than about 1% of the total value of my BCN holdings there, and have not heard anything from their staff since I contacted them over 24 hours ago. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

It's all quite frustrating, because I am blown away by Bytecoin and badly want to see it succeed. The CryptoNote/Bytecoin developers have created something truly remarkable: a "perfected" Bitcoin. With the right kind of support and ecosystem development, Bytecoin seems destined to usurp Bitcoin itself as the "leading cryptocurrency", given that it clearly has the strongest dev team (of any CN implementation) backing it.

Does anyone have any theories to explain the unhealthy lack of liquidity/availability of this revolutionary coin, especially in comparison to inferior clones like XMR? Are there any other places to trade, even informally, that I am unaware of? And is there anyone here who would be willing to trade some of their BCN for my hard-earned BTC?
csmartel

Re: Bytecoin liquidity

Postby WhiteWolf » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:24 am

I've had similar withdrawal problems with HitBTC this weekend. I've contacted their support team, and they were very fast to solve the issue. It took a couple of hours before I could withdraw again.

csmartel wrote:Does anyone have any theories to explain the unhealthy lack of liquidity/availability of this revolutionary coin, especially in comparison to inferior clones like XMR? Are there any other places to trade, even informally, that I am unaware of? And is there anyone here who would be willing to trade some of their BCN for my hard-earned BTC?

It's just historically so that HitBTC is the main exchange for Bytecoin. There is also Poloniex if you prefer it. There was an OTC exchange some time ago, but I'm not sure that it is useful with two large exchanges available.
WhiteWolf

Postby Febo » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:15 am

Monero have way more progress then bytcoin so is technologically wise more advanced. Market liquidity is one important coin factor. It tells a lot.
Febo

Postby aldrbinich » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:12 am

I guess it's because of weekend time of your issue. It can happen that on saturday and sunday support cannot reply as fast a s on business week. Hope, everything's ok with your coins now.
aldrbinich

Return to Services