Script system of Cryptonote ?

Discussion of math, cryptography, protocol, and features

Script system of Cryptonote ?

Postby darknetspace » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:29 am

Cryptonote is really a great promotion. Thank you first.

I knew that Cryptonote has a very minimalistic scripting subsystem on Cryptonote whitepaper, and five binary operators are supported: min, max, sum, mul and cmp.

However, I can't find any script operations in bytecoin code. Is it true ?

So I would like to import script system from Bitcoin, is it possible ? any advice ?
darknetspace

Re: Script system of Cryptonote ?

Postby Maurice.P » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:27 pm

Hi,
To answer your question; script operations are of very little use to anyone. The best example of it is Bitcoin where script operations take up no more than 1% of user transactions (multisignature feature). The rest of scripts are simply turned off.
Importing scripts from Bitcoin is possible but that is not the first step in the process. First you’d need to emphasize the problem then offer a solution that solves it and after that you formalize a user case. Implementation comes as the last step in the chain.
Would you care to share with us why do you want to import scripts from Bitcoin? What would be the purpose of it?
Maurice.P

Postby darknetspace » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:38 am

We want to develop some real anonymous applications based on cryptonote technology,such as p2p exchange between Bitcoin and a cryptonote coin, lotto. Cryptonote coin is a new technology, however, we have to let more people know it and make advantage of its anonymous feature.

We think we need script system to construct smart contracts, so that these applications like exchange and lotto will be possible.
darknetspace

Postby Maurice.P » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:05 pm

That's a great idea on your part. Please, feel free to ask us any questions related to the CN technology or even keep us updated as you move along with your project. I'm sure CryptoNote community will be greatly interested in your findings.
Maurice.P

Postby bitstampclone » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:30 am

I’m beginner in this bitcoin transaction i want to know Cryptonote?
bitstampclone

Return to Technology