Egalitarian & Anonymous Implementation

General discussion of CryptoNote and the future world

Egalitarian & Anonymous Implementation

Postby Bende(R) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:27 pm

Hello, folks
I'am rookie

On to CryptoNoteFoundation's site I see right words and rules. But I do not see right implementation of these rulse. I have ideas about it.

EGALITARIAN it means all the people (and robots) are equal, and some guy do not more equal then others. This is the right concept is not completed.
For started I worked long time and constructed much costly computer for me and spent lot of hours and electricity in anticipation of profit. For many people, $ 200-300 a very big price which to save the whole year.
And I am very regretted about the spent powers when launched minergate-cli at my Emachines-350. For that I need only 512MB of RAM and profit to appear immediately, couse the block will be shared to all.

Would be such rules to accepted for a standard mining demon? It could be very egalitarian rules.

The elite will fight savagely against egalitarian tool. Think about it right now. Some countries already have strict restrictions and criminal penalties just for mining, and I live in one such. Anonymity is very important for the development of egalitarianism, intelligence agencies are "working" on specific persons, and very cruel.

Now I see a simple HTTP-requests to clear all addresses that are easy to make a list for repression.

So all traffic must not only be securely encrypted, but disguise under innocuous drawings and cartoons by public torrents. So you save the health and lives of many of your followers and will give them an opportunity to resist the elites.
Bende(R)

Re: Egalitarian & Anonymous Implementation

Postby Masniff.Hurricane » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:34 pm

That's what is said on this topic in CryptoNote whitepaper (https://cryptonote.org/whitepaper.pdf)

5 Egalitarian Proof-of-work
... Our primary goal
is to close the gap between CPU (majority) and GPU/FPGA/ASIC (minority) miners. It is
appropriate that some users can have a certain advantage over others, but their investments
should grow at least linearly with the power...

It the system with 100% anonymity it's very hard to guarantee equality for everybody. I mean, you can never be sure that behind one name/pseudonym there is only one person with one vote/one CPU.

I think, CryptoNight algorithm couldn't make all people (and robots) absolutely equal, but it makes ROI (in %-s) of every participant equal and irrespective of the volume of investments.
Masniff.Hurricane

Re: Egalitarian & Anonymous Implementation

Postby wex » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:14 pm

Bende(R) wrote:The elite will fight savagely against egalitarian tool. Think about it right now. Some countries already have strict restrictions and criminal penalties just for mining, and I live in one such. Anonymity is very important for the development of egalitarianism, intelligence agencies are "working" on specific persons, and very cruel.

I guess, it's not "anonymity", but "privacy protection" and "protection of basic human freedoms". Anonymity sounds a little bit... deviant. It makes me think about drug dealers and other illegal stuff.
wex

Return to Philosophy