Statement from the CryptoNote team

General discussion of CryptoNote and the future world

Statement from the CryptoNote team

Postby Catherine_Erwin » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:17 pm

I welcome you, fellow CryptoNote community members. I would like to thank you for all the support you give to our project. The recent developments around the CryptoNote technology have drawn our attention and I would like to clarify a few points on behalf of my team.

We created CryptoNote 4 years ago to serve the purpose that is declared in our philosophy. The world has moved on since the last few years and we have corrected our vision accordingly. Nonetheless, the general outline of our philosophy has remained unchanged.

CryptoNote is a technology and is a technology only. We are not interested in starting commercial
cryptocurrencies. CryptoNoteCoin was created for educational purposes and does not pursue the objective of profit-making.

We are thankful to all those who have made the decision to create and develop their cryptocurrencies based on CryptoNote. We wish them success and prosperity but also want to bring it to your attention that the team that has utilized CryptoNote to launch a new currency is solely responsible for everything that might happen to that currency. We guarantee the exclusive reliability and safety of the CryptoNote algorithm.

We rely upon the principle of reasonable competition. We welcome any currency regardless of the technology it was based upon including the classical printing-press.

For our part, we strive to facilitate the process of creation of a new currency that suits the idea of its creator in the best way. That is why we are sure that the best currencies enter the market only when a reasonable competition is in place. We do our best to create an opportunity for such competition.

We continually work to place the CryptoNote currencies among the best. We are grateful to you for the feedback and constructive criticism. The constructive criticism helps us develop and improve. Together we will be able to create a currency that will take a rightful place among the 21-century currencies.
Catherine_Erwin

Re: Statement from the CryptoNote team

Postby Karl Koch » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:05 am

Is honest, open, critical discussion allowed here (in this thread)?
Karl Koch

Re: Statement from the CryptoNote team

Postby Catherine_Erwin » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:29 pm

Karl Koch wrote:Is honest, open, critical discussion allowed here (in this thread)?

Karl,
We always encourage people to share their opinions on the CN forum and this thread in particular.
Catherine_Erwin

Return to Philosophy