CryptoNote philosiphy and applications ?

General discussion of CryptoNote and the future world

CryptoNote philosiphy and applications ?

Postby ziedbf » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:53 am

Hi, first of all i like the philosophy behind the CryptoNote project and the way that you tackle security problems. what i wonder if i could use the same philosophy for other projects not just "cryptocurrencies". if any one have some others examples of project, thank you for sharing
ziedbf

Re: CryptoNote philosiphy and applications ?

Postby Werner_Albert » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:05 pm

Hi,

To answer your question, there are plenty of potential applications for CryptoNote besides the currencies. To name a few: tor, i2p, freehaven (http://freehaven.net/ ), mesh networks and so on. It is pretty much anything you can find by googling 'anonymous network'.
Werner_Albert

Postby ziedbf » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:21 pm

Hi Werner,
thank you for your reply, it's very interesting the "anonymous networking". But what do you think about the integration between social network and Cryptonote ? from where to start? and the best way to do it?
ziedbf

Postby Werner_Albert » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:18 am

Hi,

If we are talking about an encrypted messenger based on CryptoNote protocol in a social network (like Facebook), in theory it is possible. You could create and configure an app, be it a messenger or some sort of financial service, via APIs. But so far as I know Facebook decided not to support app management and creation through the API, in order to avoid applications created/edited by bots. First, you need to decide exactly what kind of app you want to make and what purpose it's going to serve.
Werner_Albert

Return to Philosophy