how to use cryptonote Starter

Technical discussions related to CryptoNote repository and the forking process

how to use cryptonote Starter

Postby vitorgamer58 » Sun May 24, 2015 1:57 am

I was creating a cryptocurrency for recreational purposes, but when the last step of CryptoNote Starter I do not know what to do
I need help, something like a step by step ...
Thanks ...
vitorgamer58

Re: how to use cryptonote Starter

Postby Catherine_Erwin » Mon May 25, 2015 2:58 pm

Hello vitogamer58,
Thank you for your interested in CryptoNote. Would you be so kind to describe the problem you have with more details? What do you mean by "last step"?
Also, I would like to inform you that CryptoNote Starter will be updated this week.
Catherine_Erwin

Postby vitorgamer58 » Tue May 26, 2015 12:17 am

on the compile the " daemon "
I do not know how to do this well , I am taking the help of some friends from school ...
vitorgamer58

Postby Clever Crypto » Tue May 26, 2015 12:27 pm

vitorgamer58 wrote:on the compile the " daemon "
I do not know how to do this well , I am taking the help of some friends from school ...

Halo. What's your problem with daemon compiling? PM me, I will try to help you.
Clever Crypto

Postby NightRidr » Sun May 31, 2015 10:22 pm

I have the same problem! Since i just joined (and prevented from PM Clever Crypto) I will attempt to design a clever question of my problem.

I am new to Linux; github; cryptonote and especially the in/out of the word "daemonize"?

The last instruction is to obtain your "tx hash" by "Run your daemon with --print-genesis-tx argument". I am trying everything to make that happen? I did find on github a type of program called "Daemonize" and I followed the instructions to install it on my Ubuntu server. My common sense tells me it needs to connect in some fashion with my particular coin ( we will call OKcoin here) so I downloaded that to the same folder I installed the "Daemonize" program into. I ran the above command and I did not get that long tx hash I was looking for.

HELP. . .
NightRidr

Postby Clever Crypto » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:44 pm

NightRidr wrote:I have the same problem! Since i just joined (and prevented from PM Clever Crypto) I will attempt to design a clever question of my problem.

I am new to Linux; github; cryptonote and especially the in/out of the word "daemonize"?

The last instruction is to obtain your "tx hash" by "Run your daemon with --print-genesis-tx argument". I am trying everything to make that happen? I did find on github a type of program called "Daemonize" and I followed the instructions to install it on my Ubuntu server. My common sense tells me it needs to connect in some fashion with my particular coin ( we will call OKcoin here) so I downloaded that to the same folder I installed the "Daemonize" program into. I ran the above command and I did not get that long tx hash I was looking for.

HELP. . .

The answer is here: https://github.com/amjuarez/bytecoin

To build, change to a directory where this file is located, and run this commands:
mkdir build
cd build
cmake -G "Visual Studio 12 Win64"

I hope it will help
Clever Crypto

Postby vitorgamer58 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:49 pm

I had CREATED A .bat with the next picture code
mkdir build
cd build
cmake -G "Visual Studio 11 2012"

I will try to use the MSVC 2013 or change the last line .
vitorgamer58

Postby Clever Crypto » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:26 pm

Folks, show me the screenshots with errors/ troubles you have.
Clever Crypto

Postby vitorgamer58 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:34 am

Are just two that I have to fix , I will set a mining pool of coin CryptoNote and mine with my computers for testing as it is a POOL , I'll still put away two computers to run DAEMON ...
but I have a question .. is it necessary 2 computers running the daemon ?
vitorgamer58

Postby Catherine_Erwin » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:03 pm

No, you don't need two daemons. To test the mining pool you can use one computer with running daemon, pool server and miner.
Catherine_Erwin

Next

Return to Reference Code & Forking