pNXT - boolberry fork implementing 0 txfee & "PoS"

CryptoNote currencies announcements and official reviews

pNXT - boolberry fork implementing 0 txfee & "PoS"

Postby jl777 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:22 am

I have made a boolberry fork at https://github.com/jl777/pNXT

https://nxtforum.org/nxtventures/nxtpri ... /#msg60941

pNXT has no mining other than just enough to make the next block. As it is already at end of life, the block reward is minimal. The purpose of pNXT is to provide a 1:1 binding to NXT. For technical reasons it goes through a privateNXT asset, but the key point is that pNXT allows NXT users to use the NXT webgui and make cryptonote payments.

There did seem to be many places where the fee was assumed to be non-zero, so it took a while to fix all those places. I will be supporting gateway to Boolberry from pNXT. I understand pNXT is not your ordinate cryptonote, but it does solve the use case of providing anon tech for NXT immediately

James
jl777

Re: pNXT - boolberry fork implementing 0 txfee & "PoS"

Postby Catherine_Erwin » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:11 pm

We're delighted to see that CryptoNote is making its way to other cryptocurrencies and platforms. Our mutual efforts may speed up the paradigm shift that we aim for, and that is why we value such an alliance of technologies.

We'd like to learn more about the proposed technology and the way it it will work for the end-user. Could you provide some specifications here or at contact@cryptonote.org ?
Catherine_Erwin

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:04 pm

http://nxtra.org/nxt-wallet/ has the standard NXT GUI and the plan is to add a "send pNXT" link right next to "send NXT", so the user would not have to deal with all the complexities of cryptonote and it would appear to work just like sending NXT. Under the hood, there is a NXT asset called privateNXT that is 1:1 convertible to pNXT.

NXT -> privateNXT -> pNXT -> dest pNXT -> [NXT or privateNXT]

The above is just one possible path, though with pNXT not having any txfees, I think that a lot of people would keep it in pNXT, especially if I implement many useful paths from pNXT.

Of course making it so easy for the end user will make it much more difficult to implement, but ultimately there really shouldnt be much of a user experience difference between sending privately or publicly

I would like to add cryptonote currencies to the MGW (multigateway), but that requires that the currencies support multisig. If you have any advice on how best to implement multisig into cryptonote, that would be appreciated. I would also like to implement linked transactions, this would require being able to verify that a signed transaction has the proper parameters and that its acceptance is contingent on another transaction being accepted.

Do you have a suggested number of fakeoutputs to use? I dont want to put too large of a value, but also too small would lose privacy. I think at some point it would make sense to implement a blockchain FIFO so that it wont really matter how large the blockchain gets, only the most recent would remain in memory. I think I just need to find the right function in blockchain.cpp to implement this.

James

Postby Catherine_Erwin » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:13 pm

I would like to add cryptonote currencies to the MGW (multigateway), but that requires that the currencies support multisig. If you have any advice on how best to implement multisig into cryptonote, that would be appreciated. I would also like to implement linked transactions, this would require being able to verify that a signed transaction has the proper parameters and that its acceptance is contingent on another transaction being accepted.

Bytecoin developers have been working on multi-sigs for CryptoNote, but for some reason postponed the roll-out. We've contacted them, and it seems that multi-sigs are already being finalized and tested. I believe the functionality should be available quite soon for the review.

Do you have a suggested number of fakeoutputs to use? I dont want to put too large of a value, but also too small would lose privacy.

Well, that's not an easy question to answer. 3 should be too few, while 30 might be too many. It really depends on what you want to achieve and the costs of the anonymity level.

I think at some point it would make sense to implement a blockchain FIFO so that it wont really matter how large the blockchain gets, only the most recent would remain in memory. I think I just need to find the right function in blockchain.cpp to implement this.

If you are cutting an older part of the block chain out, you are pushing the users to spend their money each period (depends on the active block chain length). From our point of view this is not justified by the reduced block chain size since it worsens the user experience.
Catherine_Erwin

Return to Announcements