transaction is too big rejected

General discussion of CryptoNote based currencies and issues.

transaction is too big rejected

Postby DATAFLEX » Fri May 20, 2016 12:02 am

Hello,
I tried to make a transfer to another address using Wallet GUI.
Until some amount like 100.000 coin I can make transfer without error
if the Anmount is higher the transaction fails with several problems:

1) is that daemon started to give these messages on all nodes

00:08:45.075175 ERROR transaction is too big 28455, maximum allowed size is 19400
00:08:45.075175 INFO tx too big, rejected
00:08:45.075175 ERROR Transaction verification failed: <86ba8f56dca2e30fff7b76443b82f8d990a7fae450958d11e955cbf9a40de39d><< this is the transaction number with the too high number of coins..

After that error the wallet gui stop to update the height, the last was at the time I got error for this too high transaction.. But when I run simplewallet on the Seed node it is regularly updated, also if daemon still continue to print out the error "INFO tx too big, rejected" about 4 each minute.. and this by several hours, I don't know if the verification of this transaction at some time will finish... (i hope)

On the seed nodes the block are still rewards. but any computer connected to the blockchain receive only the errors INFO tx too big, rejected

So the question should be how I can stop these message? why it continue to repeat that message? is a bug?
second , where I can found the maximum value of transaction that can be done. In this case the daemon say that maximum size is 19400. what does it mean? I did transaction 100000 without error. just when I try I higher value I got this problem.
I also try to recreate the bockchain in one peer but at the end it also start to print out the "INFO tx too big, rejected....

I have to add a control within the Wallet to avoid that user try to do too high transaction...so I can avoid something like that happen.
Meantime I need to know it there is a way to abort this transaction verification...

This is very important. I think that when many people will start to mining there will be a lot of them that will try to make transfer bif amounts so I need to know how wat I have to do in such situation

regards
Franco
DATAFLEX

Re: transaction is too big rejected

Postby slb » Mon May 23, 2016 3:34 pm

Are you using some of my code? I make this assumptions because this value (19400) is something I introduced.
If so, I added a transaction size limit to the original Cryptonote/Bytecoin code because of the Minergate's broken transaction approval. Here is the exact code I added to limit the transaction size:
https://github.com/forknote/cryptonote- ... limit.json
You must delete it to remove the transaction size limit.
Hope this helps.
slb

Postby DATAFLEX » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:47 am

I'm not sure I used the standard cryptonote sources for daemon and wallet gui... I just take a look to bytecoin sources too... but I check out your suggestion in case... to found where the limit values are located

I let you know
regards
Franco
DATAFLEX

Postby DATAFLEX » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:39 pm

loocking your link I remember to have tried the use cryptonote-generator at the beginning and on my disk I have the file max-transaction-size-limit.json within D:\cryptonote-generator-master\extensions
But this was while I making some test..

At end I used the standard Cryptonote sources 1.1.1 changing only the base info for my coin, and some extra value on cryptonoteconfig.h , but to customize the total emission and restart the blockchain from zero and there isn't now on my source any max-transaction-size-limit
I don't know how this extension could be imported also in my final project, since there is no reference on the source I compiling, so I don't know How I can remove it.

there is some other way to understand it?

within cryptonoteconfig.h there is
const char MINER_CONFIG_FILE_NAME[] = "miner_conf.json";

but it only include
{"current_extra_message_index":-3617008641903833456}

have you some idea? how I can check and remove this limit

regards
Franco
DATAFLEX

Postby aiwe » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:45 pm

This is standard cryptonote feature I guess. There is block size median which is slowly growing when transaction sized is growing. There is no max transaction size in cryptonote, it's max block size. When you have relatively small average blocksize and try to send large amount of coins with large number of inputs you will get too big transaction.
aiwe

Postby aiwe » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:17 pm

But still I also don't understand why sometimes transactions with larger amounts of coins and lots of inputs and therefore bigger than average in size are not sent even with additional fee. They just stay pending for 24 hours not included in block.
CRYPTONOTE_BLOCK_GRANTED_FULL_REWARD_ZONE is set to 100000.
aiwe

Postby DATAFLEX » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:45 am

Yes I suspected that this was a reason...
thank you
DATAFLEX

Return to General Discussion