Vote for FCN to be added to exchange here https://comkort.com/vote#FCN
FCN were added to the swaphole.com exchange!
Ongoing Logo contest can be found HERE
- PoW algorithm: CryptoNight (64-bit CPU-only);
- 60 sec blocks;
- emission curve 22 => 50% coins will be emitted in 6 years;
- block reward decreases according to the formula (2[sup]64[/sup] - 1 - A)*2[sup]-22[/sup]*10[sup]-12[/sup] where A = supply mined to date;
- difficulty retargets every block;
- merged mining with Bytecoin (BCN) or BitMonero (BMR). New blockchain needs no additional hashpower - it uses Bytecoin/BCN or BitMonero/BMR blocks or shares as PoW. Miners are free to choose "donor" chain they like. In case other chains based on CryptoNote will appear they also can be used as "donor" chains. This way I expect that new chain will have more hashpower than both BCN and BMR
Linux binaries https://mega.co.nz/#!dNchULBa!V_3ym3FuwHx46ceMziehoo0UOvy4F3lImLGeGhvYPj0
Windows binaries https://mega.co.nz/#!UIEwgYIb!gRwSXSrRO7wN84wdTQQSFnzU_R5znMxxd44EQpPqviI
Win-32 binaries https://mega.co.nz/#!tIFWXTpA!tnaM6acRhzeDnJ6moTkCULVbyFioYd0ntrNogE1uezI
MacOS (works with 10.7, 10.8, 10.9): https://mega.co.nz/#!UF8kXJZD!2oKol-ezbJ37HO5IJqTlSLydCiN0KBtMaQCEXBBG8GU
Official site: http://fantomcoin.org/
CryptoNote site: https://cryptonote.org/inside.php
Bytecoin OP: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512747
BitMonero OP: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563821.0
OTC exchange: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=608810.0
FCN development fund: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=608977.0
If you want to help with promotion, further develpoing and so on, pls PM me!
First merged mining instructions for those who doesn't like GUI:
First of all be sure of two things:
- [li]You have BCN or BMR address. If you don't know how to get it, please visit this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=544715 [/li]
[li]You downloaded FantomCoin binaries and extracted them somewhere.[/li]
1. Launch Bytecoin's or Bitmonero's daemon and wait till its synchronization.
2. Start FantomCoin's daemon. The process is very similar to BCN's: launch command line, navigate to the right folder and launch fantomoind.exe . Use "save" command after synchronization
3. Create FCN's address. Again it is the same process as for BCN and BMR: open another instance of command line, navigate to Fantomcoin’s folder and generate new wallet with “simplewallet”.
simplewallet --generate-new-wallet=example_wallet.bin --pass=12345
Here “example_wallet.bin” is the name of the wallet (use .bin file extension) and “12345” is the password for your new wallet.
4. One more command line is needed. Navigate to Fantomcoin's folder and launch minerc.exe using the next command:
minerc --node1=127.0.0.1:8081 --node2=127.0.0.1:24081 --wallet1=%your BCN or BMR address% --wallet2=%your FCN address%
--node1=127.0.0.1:8081 is IP and BCN's daemon port. If you want MM with BMR you need to use this one: --node1=127.0.0.1:18081 instead
--node2=127.0.0.1:24081 is IP and FCN's daemon port
5. Enjoy merged mining!
Merged mining with GUI:
1. Start daemons and make sure they are synchronized with the network. Use save command after it.
2. Start GUI miner. Add BCN/BMR and FCN addresses to the right field. Click "Start"