Howdy y'all from Texas

General discussion of CryptoNote based currencies and issues.

Howdy y'all from Texas

Postby john75077 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:09 am

I didn't see a place for introductions, so I start here...

I have been learning a LOT about bitcoin, scrypt, and x11, etc... My question is, as I go through the steps to create a new coin, how or where do I go to allow people to get their new wallet and binary?

Admittedly, it is very tempting to go down the 'automagic' way though I am looking for a good tutorial that helps make my own wallet. Of course the other question is with the evolution of the coin in general is it more practical to issue a 'paper wallet' (pdf) and then that's their address to mine, exchange etc. ?

I have found some great articles, on all of the above mentioned items. Some get me halfway and then im left hanging. Whichever good unbroken links y'all have would be greatly appreciated in helping me achieve this goal.

** Update ** found the 'wallet' in the knowledge base!

Best Regards,

John
c:\senile.com (out of memory)
john75077

Re: Howdy y'all from Texas

Postby Maurice.P » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:08 pm

Hi,

My question is, as I go through the steps to create a new coin, how or where do I go to allow people to get their new wallet and binary?

You create an account on GitHub and use it as a repository for all your binaries and whatever code you might have.

Admittedly, it is very tempting to go down the 'automagic' way though I am looking for a good tutorial that helps make my own wallet. Of course the other question is with the evolution of the coin in general is it more practical to issue a 'paper wallet' (pdf) and then that's their address to mine, exchange etc. ?

I'm not sure if I understood exactly your question here. Are you looking for ways to create a cold storage for your coins? If that is the issue, check out the following links:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Cold_storage

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Paper_wallet
Maurice.P

Re: Howdy y'all from Texas

Postby john75077 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:18 am

I'm just asking which is more practical. Is it 'one more wallet' or is it easier to track a pdf?
c:\senile.com (out of memory)
john75077

Return to General Discussion