New coin discussion

General discussion of CryptoNote based currencies and issues.

New coin discussion

Postby john75077 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:49 am

Hello again!

Reading through some of the postings here people talk about a new coin being s*%t. I would like to avoid the negativity and propose a coin that would have a purpose instead of 'just another coin'.

I did see the posting on how to get a coin onto one of the exchanges, thank you!

The question is I am creating a website and services, and I would like to see the coin be mined to either help fund the servers by converting them to a cryptonote type coin or use them to buy services online.

The domain name, ssl, and other pieces are in place. Would this type of coin gain more negativity or become positive and successful? The website is nearly completed and offers various services for free (I'm not here to sell, just solicit feedback) and with this coin I felt it would be possible for those that wish to give back could.

I look forward to all of your comments and suggestions.

Best Regards,

John
c:\senile.com (out of memory)
john75077

Re: New coin discussion

Postby Maurice.P » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:23 pm

Hi,

Would you mind expanding on what purpose your coin is going to serve? Also would you be able to maintain your coin once you've launched it?
Maurice.P

Postby john75077 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:41 pm

Maurice,

For maintaining the coin, I do have a nice hosted server picked out to help. As for 'maintenance' this is my first coin to try and make. While I do not have any experience, it is not my intention to let it fail or try to put responsibility on the forums.

The purpose of the coin will allow people to get more services such as storage, a clean email address, goods as they come available. If people want to mine it and trade it for BTC at some point then that would be even better. At this point in time it is not the goal for this to be the next 'coin of the month'.

Best Regards,

John
john75077

Postby Maurice.P » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:57 pm

What I meant to ask is - do you have some programming skills to maintain the coin? Because that is what it takes to successfully run a coin, otherwise it's a lost cause. As for your declared intentions, it all sounds good. The only thing is that in order to forge a community around your coin it has to be listed on at least one exchange and you'd have to get people to mine it. Once you've got that covered you might want to start thinking about services.
Maurice.P

Postby john75077 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:06 pm

I do not have any programming skills to maintain a coin, so perhaps its not a good idea until I get some of the basics down. Fortunately the website and services are near completion and the coin was thought as an 'added bonus'.

I guess the next thing on the list is find a programmer.

Best Regards,

John
john75077

Postby Maurice.P » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:48 am

Hi John,

I noticed you are having problems with chaingen. As I mentioned before to successfully launch and maintain a coin you'd have to be familiar at least with basic concepts of C and/or C++ programming languages. The "learn on the go" approach does not apply here for obvious reasons. I suggest you take a C++ Object-Oriented Concepts course or find someone who has hands on experience in programming.

Good luck
Maurice.P

Return to General Discussion