Windows Wallet GUI memory error

General discussion of CryptoNote based currencies and issues.

Windows Wallet GUI memory error

Postby DATAFLEX » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:57 pm

Hello
I completed my new currency that I called DinastyCoin based on cryptonote technology and soon I will send it for evalutation to Cryptonote.org. Just need to finish some more stepe.

I have this situation....Daemon Windows and Linux work well with Simplewallet, I have 3 seed nodes working well with server windows 2008 and Linux ubuntu... simplewallet mining going well and blockchain is syncronized on any seed node...

I also compiled and run the Wallet GUI under Linux Ubuntu and it is now Ok, it run and it is connected with the blockchain.

instead I still have a problem with the Wallet GUI compiling under Windows 10 64bit using qt creator 5 (everything it is compiled with Qt5 Creator both Windows and Linux)
It is compiled without errors

but trying to run it it crash at this line (transactionmodel.cpp) read access violation the messagge say:
Stopped in thread 0 by exception ar 0x59b28c0c, code 0xc0000005: read access violation at 0x0, flags=0x0 (first chance)

Code: Select all
const int TRANSACTIONS_MODEL_COLUMN_COUNT =
TransactionsModel::staticMetaObject.enumerator(TransactionsModel::staticMetaObject.indexOfEnumerator("Columns")).keyCount();

someone have any idea?, It should be useful to know if someone get experience positive with Gui Windows version of the wallet to know which Operative System used, version of compileretc...

regards
Franco
DATAFLEX

Re: Windows Wallet GUI memory error

Postby MaxJameson » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:38 pm

Hello. We have found a relevant bug in our code. It's all good for Mac and Linux, but unfortunately there is a problem on Windows and that is why you're experiencing this problem.

First, you can take the latest version of the wallet https://github.com/cryptonotefoundation ... notewallet just in case, maybe it will work. Anyways, we will update the binaries and fix the bug as soon as possible. I will post notification in this thread when it's done.
MaxJameson

Postby MaxJameson » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:59 pm

The bug in question has been fixed. The binaries have been updated - feel free to download.
https://github.com/cryptonotefoundation ... 4029b13bf4
MaxJameson

Postby DATAFLEX » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:54 pm

Hello
Thank you now the wallet gui can run with Windows e LInux correctly. I will tray also with Mac soon..

Now the question about Mining using the Gui Wallet.

With simplewallet it's ok I can mine using Start_mining command.
With the gui wallet How work the mining?

I tried this:
I openend the same wallet I used with Simple wallet and when It open I can see all last transactions was mined using simplewallet.. Good!

I can also Send and receive coins to another Addresses perfect! ...

But I cannot see How the Gui Wallet can mine. The wallet is open all the time but while simple wallet continue in the same period to mine new coins. the Gui wallet not!

I try to run it using command line start-mining myaddresswallet and it run withour errors so i Supposed it is a know command... but there is no new coins mined using the gui wallet after hours

I can see that it is regularly syncronized with same height that I have with another simplewallet that running on my web server .. so everything is now perfect blockchain work perfectly... just understand now How can mine using the gui wallet

I suppose that I need to do some more to can mine using the gui wallet. Please let me know!
thank you
regards
Franco Spinella
DATAFLEX

Postby DATAFLEX » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:42 am

Hello
I understood che the Wallet gui work like simplewallet, need to start Daemon in the same Computer and start_mining to can receive coins.
In this way it work. But I cannot see how can run the mining from the Wallet Gui in the same like is possible to do with the simple wallet....
it is possible or need to work on the sources to make this modifications?
regards
Franco
DATAFLEX

Return to General Discussion