compile methods

General discussion of CryptoNote based currencies and issues.

compile methods

Postby EMU » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:49 pm

Hi all,

What is the other way to compile the executable on windows without using Microsoft Visual Studio?
EMU

Re: compile methods

Postby *tech_star* » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:27 am

Officially only Microsoft Visual Studio is supported, and for your information - even a free version is working too. You could also try to build your project with MinGW or Cygwin, you may succeed)
*tech_star*

Postby EMU » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:09 am

Visual Studio has been a proverbial PITA and it never compiles. I have a previous post here that just simply kept failing no matter what. The coin does compile wonderfully in Ubuntu. Any suggestions you have with MingW would be great!

Correct me if I'm wrong though compiling a windows binary is not required to release a coin?

Regards,

EMU
EMU

Postby Clever Crypto » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:42 pm

Okay, that's what i can tell you - it's better that you'd use Visual studio. It works. The only problem is the boost(as you probably figured), but you'll have it in MinGW too. MinGW build wasn't finished, so unfortunately i can't help you here, you have to figure it out by yourself.

About binaries - it's your choice, you don't have to release windows binaries, but keep in mind that in this case windows users couldn't use your coin.
Clever Crypto

Return to General Discussion