simplewallet error --testnet

Announcements and discussions related to CryptoNote currencies mining.

simplewallet error --testnet

Postby DATAFLEX » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:29 pm

Hello
I just complete all compilation my new cryptocurrency for Linux and Windows and started to make test
Daemon seem to be ok
Running simplewallet --testnet (under window 10)
I have error when I try command start_mining
Error: Failed to invoke rpc method: HTTP status: 2

instead trying start_mining within daemon using the address of simplewallet it work correclty.

both daemon and simpewallet are running on the same PC in 2 differents dos task

if someone can suggest me how o solve the error.

maybe it could be due to the constant in Cryptonoteconfig.h ?
I used
const int RPC_DEFAULT_PORT = 20060 // that is not used

thanks
Franco
DATAFLEX

Re: simplewallet error --testnet

Postby *tech_star* » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:02 pm

I don't understand what's going on, more information needed.
Could you run the daemon with --log-level=3, then try start_mining in the wallet and send daemon's log, please?
*tech_star*

Postby DATAFLEX » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:18 pm

Hello
I running daemon with level 3 and I think first thing that I have to solve is the Seed node
Something that I don't understand well is how build a seed node in a server
I added now ip address of one Windows web server I have on a web farm.. I also request a new linux web server that will e activate in the next couple of day...
I need to understand better how the seed node can be create.
Its enough to run a daemon in a web server to have a Seed node? or need some more configuration?
so I run daemon on my PC and on my web server same daemon (same exe).. but the seed peer I defined is mywebserverIP:portnumber. I run both and on my local pc and on windows web server with same result

19:09:05.397607 DEBUG Connecting to xx.xx.xx.196:20059 (white=1, last_seen: never)...
19:09:05.506992 DEBUG Connection to xx.xx.xx.196:20059 failed: Levin signature mismatch

checking the ports are open also the port dedicate to p2p 20060. It could be a problem of my window server windows 2008.
In the next couple of day I will run and up new web linux server that will be dedicate to mining of my currency,
So if you can explain how a seed node must to be configured it will be great

Looking also http://forknote.net/guides/starting-seed-node/ here but I don't think this can be apply without adopt a forknote. I think it will bevery useful within the steps "getting start cryptonote" to add some information about how to setup seed node!
I'm a developer by +30 years but I relatively beginner on the Cryptocurrency and blockchain world!

All your help will appreciate
regards
Franco
DATAFLEX

Postby *tech_star* » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:03 pm

Seed node is just a usual daemon, which runs on the server accessible for everyone. Daemons, which launch online for the first time, connect to seed node and learn the addresses from other daemons.
So basically, yes, it's enough to run a daemon on the server in order to get a seed node, you don't need some special configuration. But seed node's address must be indicated in src/CryptoNoteConfig.h, so other daemons would know how and where to connect during the first launch.
You haven't provide the log, so i still don't understand the problem with the wallet you're experiencing.

In your last message you write about other mistake.
Maybe the reason is that you indicated the wrong port for seed node. It must be the same port as P2P_DEFAULT_PORT. But P2P_DEFAULT_PORT and RPC_DEFAULT_PORT must be different.
You can link to your repository or at least provide your settings file, then i could help you more.
*tech_star*

Return to Mining